Whip up a fragrant, spicy and creamy chicken soup for dinner in only 20 minutes. This little beauty is suitable to serve year round.
The ingredient of Coconut and chilli chicken soup
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), quartered lengthways
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 (500g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 x 55g packets dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 green onion, sliced, to serve
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut and chilli chicken soup
- Combine coconut cream and stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass, onion, fish sauce and 1/2 the chilli. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and discard lemongrass.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Serve with extra sliced green onion, coriander, remaining chilli and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Coconut and chilli chicken soupcalories: 518.869 calories
fatContent: 29.9 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 17.9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 28.9 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 33.7 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 81 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1197 milligrams sodium