"Absolutely fabulous. Easy, tasty and filling. Loved it" says one taste.com.au member.
The ingredient of Lamb, vegetable and barley soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g lamb shoulder steaks, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 parsnip, peeled, diced
- 1 small orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 yellow button squash, diced
The instruction how to make Lamb, vegetable and barley soup
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add lamb. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add lamb, barley, rosemary, stock and 1 1/2 cups cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to mediumlow. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until lamb is tender.
- Add parsnip, potato, zucchini and squash. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Lamb, vegetable and barley soupcalories: 516.957 calories
fatContent: 29 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 6 grams sugar
proteinContent: 29 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 76 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1101.5 milligrams sodium